AcreCare Ltd is a privately owned domiciliary care company, which has been established to meet the needs of local people in their own home. We have one simple aim: To deliver a service of the highest standard that will sustain and improve the overall quality of life for our clients.
Our management team has a combined total of over seventy years experience working in the care sector and is professionally qualified. Knowing this gives our clients peace of mind that we have the knowledge and skills to respond professionally to any situation, and to manage their care efficiently and effectively.
We are committed to putting our clients’ needs first and achieving the highest standards. All our staff are professionally trained from the new care certificate to Health and Social care levels 2 & 3 and are also supported by an experienced management team.
Whatever support you or a loved one may need, you can rely on our highly trained care team to provide a professional, reliable and flexible service.
Read our latest CQC report to find out more.
- To deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain our clients’ overall quality of life.
- To ensure that our service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non-discriminatory manner while respecting each client’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment and to make informed choices and take risks.
- To ensure that our care service as a whole is delivered in accordance with agreed arrangements.
- To manage and implement a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development.
- To manage our care service efficiently and effectively to make best use of resources and to maximise value for money.
- To ensure that all clients receive written information about our procedures.
- To comply with all relevant and appropriate regulations.
Our Management Team
Lynn White, Care Manager
Lynn has more than 40 years experience of working in the health and social care sector. Originally SRN trained, Lynn has worked for the RNIB and in various nursing and residential settings, including mental health. She is professionally qualified with the City & Guilds AMC (Advanced Management for Care), K111 (stage one of the DipSW) and has numerous staff training qualifications. Since 1993 Lynn has occupied senior management positions within domiciliary care in Sussex.
Kevin White, Registered Manager
Kevin has worked in the health and social care sector for the past 28 years and has significant experience of learning disabilities and mental health. He is professionally qualified with the DipCMHA and City & Guilds AMC, and has taught prospective care sector Registered Managers and NVQ Level 2 and 3 Direct Care students. For the past 12 years Kevin has held senior management roles within domiciliary care in Sussex.
Safe – Effective – Caring – Responsive – Well Led
Statement of good practice
Domiciliary Care Services should reflect and promote values that focus upon the individual client as being at the centre of the care service planning and service delivery
- Autonomy and independence of personal decision making.
- Choice of lifestyle and occupational activities.
- Respect for intrinsic worth, dignity and individuality, ethnic identity and cultural heritage.
- Participation and integration in society.
- Knowledge about conditions, prospects, options and opportunities.
- Fulfilment of personal aspirations and abilities in all aspects of daily life.
- Privacy from unnecessary intrusion and the preservation and safeguarding of confidentiality.
- Equality of opportunity and access to services.